With a few tricks you can make the smoothest hummus ever. I’m not lying, when I gave you one of my tricks for making smooth hummus on Insta Stories you guys came back with a resounding, ‘whoaa, so smooth!’. The trick? Use cannellini beans or any other white bean (great northern, navy, white…) rather than chickpeas. These beans blend right up and make the smoothest hummus you’ve ever tasted. Let’s get into it.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, tell me about it over on Instagram! I’d love to see what you’re up to in the kitchen.
THE SMOOTHEST DANG HUMMUS RECIPE
PREP TIME 10 minutes CHILL TIME 20 minutes TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
*Adapted from a Colorful Kitchen Recipe
- 2 cans cannellini beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1-2 tablespoons COLD water (as needed to blend)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 dashes chili powder
- 2-3 dashes cumin
- 1+ tablespoon everything but the bagel seasoning
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor, blend until smooth.
- If the hummus is quite thick or not smooth enough add more cold water until a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Chill covered in the fridge for 20 min.
- Enjoy with chips, pretzels, carrots, or other veggies.
*The combination of the liquid smoke and the seasonings make this hummus. Try playing around with seasonings but don’t skip the liquid smoke, it gives the hummus a rich, full body flavor you can’t replicate without it.
Tried it? Love it? Let me know over on Instagram, I’d love to see what you cooked up!